This article has explained how to connect Amazon Alexa to your Arduino IoT Cloud projects with no additional coding required. You can use Arduino IoT Cloud Smart Home Skill to check the temperature in the living room, turn on the lights in the bedroom, and lot more things.
What are the features of Arduino IoT Cloud Smart Home Skill?
1. Trigger switches and smart plugs with voice commands
2. Changing the brightness and the color of lights
3. Retrieving the room temperature from sensors
4. Detect the motion activity from sensors
How does Alexa integrate with Arduino IoT Cloud?
Steps to integrate Arduino with Alexa:
- In the Amazon Alexa App tap on More,
- Then select Skills & Games.
- Search for Arduino, then tap on Arduino.
- Tap on ENABLE TO USE.
After connecting the Arduino IoT Cloud account, follow the following steps to add devices.
- Enter the email id and password of the Arduino Cloud account, Then tap on Sign in.
- Tap on CLOSE.
- Tap on DISCOVER DEVICES. Alexa will look for new devices. This may take some time.
- After that, go to Devices, then select Switches. You will find all the connected devices.
Now, if the ESP32 or ESP8266 connected with the Wi-Fi, then you can control the appliances from Alexa App.
You can also say “Alexa, Turn ON light” to control the appliances with voice commands.
You don’t need any Alexa devices, like ECHO DOT for this project, You can use Amazon Alexa App to control the appliances.